If you are having difficulty with managing anxiety, turn to the mental health professionals at The Trauma Healing Center. We treat patients throughout the Mississauga, Ontario, area. When you partner with us, you can expect our team to offer comprehensive solutions that will aid you with effectively handling your anxiety and getting the relief you need.
What is Anxiety and Its Common Symptoms?
An anxiety disorder involves repeated episodes where one experiences sudden dread, panic, fear, and possibly terror. These feelings can peak in minutes. At The Trauma Healing Center, our anxiety therapists recognize that anxiety can present in multiple ways. Additional and common symptoms include:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly
- Obsessions about certain ideas, which can be a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety about a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, which can be a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Through therapy, our team can learn about the underlying causes of your anxiety, and help you implement effective coping mechanisms.
Contact Anxiety Therapists You Can Trust
When you turn to The Trauma Healing Center, rest assured our skilled and experienced team of mental health professionals will create a safe space and take the time to help you with your anxiety. For more information about the in-person care we provide for patients in Mississauga, ON, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.